Sunday, October 25, 2009

Flu Shot Obamacare

Yeah I get the seasonal flu shot every year. My doc says "Stop on by the office and we'll give you one. No charge, no appointment necessary." He says that every year. Costs a little in my coveted time to get over there but saves me twenty-five bucks. Couldn't get over there this year so thought I'd pay for one at work. Then our work Nurse cancelled the shots -- but she emailed me with a place that would be giving them for free on a Saturday a few weeks ago. Went out there early, planning to take the shot. The line -- an hour before they were set to open -- was four blocks long, three folks wide, and I had no desire to line up with the concerned, early, aged, blessed masses so I went out for breakfast instead.

Later work Nurse rescheduled the office space shots and I forked over my twenty-five bucks, got the shot. Made me a little feverish this year, sore-throated, but so what? I don't much like real flu anymore. When I was a kid back in the Northern Interior and prone to the aching tonsils, Mom would bring me hot chocolate when I was flued in, tomato soup in bed for lunch, a stack of books but no tv allowed; but she won't do that for me anymore, so I'd rather stay healthy.

One thing leading to 'nother, I was thinking about Fr. Neuhous this morning, may he rest in peace, and went over to First Things and saw their blogs and started poking around and there's Jim Hoft with a link to great pics of poor cheddarheads waiting in the rain for their flu shots. That Wisconsin line looks just like the line out here in LaLaLand.

The future's looking bright but the present is pretty dreary; hope and change surely got ugly fastly.

_____________________________________________________________________
Bwaahahahaha Updatery: DMV? USPS? Unemployment? Obamacare? You figure it out.

No comments: