Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dropped My Kindle

I looked at my Kindle 2 yesterday and thought "You used to wrap that up every morning in that little blue cloth TH bag and put in in your back pack. You better start that up again."

Didn't though.

Dropped my Kindle this morning. In the dark. On the cement. Ouch.

Still works, praise be. But it's cracked and a little bent.

Knew when I dropped it that if I had to I'd be replacing it pronto. Yes I'm frugal but there was no question that I'd replace it. Pay extra for quick ship. Yes I'm Kindle dependent. Powerless over Kindle.

That's an unsightly gash in the Kindle. Repair -- it seems -- is two hundred bucks +/-. Not worth it. Could get a refurbished for that. New one for three hundred. And anyway, so far, this one still works wounded.

Then I did some digging around. How about the DX? Is there a new Kindle 4 coming anytime soon? And the big question: When is the 10" iTouch coming out? Will Jeff allow Steve to run the Kindle App on a 10" Apple device? Read my first two Kindle books on my iPhone last winter and I'll be pleased to continue reading on a ten incher. Yes size matters.

Dropped my Kindle this morning. At least I didn't leave it on the plane . . . Did tuck it under my arm and dash out the door this morning. Fool. Dropped it before I'd gotten down the steps. I looked at my Kindle 2 yesterday and thought "You used to wrap that up every morning in that little blue cloth TH bag and put in in your back pack. You better start that up again."

Next time I tell myself to do something I better do it.
___________________________________________________
Update HERE and oh yeah, overnight Amazon dropped the price of Kindle another forty bucks. $259.

No comments: