Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Their Fascinating Selves -- Two Obamas

Courtesy of the Red White and Blue.
Yeah,(I) know this is yesterday's news, but (I) keep rereading Will from yesterday's news. Here's Will:
In the 41 sentences of her remarks, Michelle Obama used some form of the personal pronouns "I" or "me" 44 times. Her husband was, comparatively, a shrinking violet, using those pronouns only 26 times in 48 sentences. Still, 70 times in 89 sentences conveyed the message that somehow their fascinating selves were what made, or should have made, Chicago's case compelling.
Once in the long ago time (I) received a letter from college pal Chris Packard and he ended it with "If I cross my eyes and look at what I just wrote all I see on the page are I ME ME I."

Heh. That observation taught (me) plenty.
Now, lacking in all gaseous rhetoric,
here's a real man:
That's Toby Keith in Afghanistan.
Click here for his video
I Wanna Talk About Me
.










Can't recall. Obama been to Afghanistan yet? Bonus Toby Keith here.

No comments: