Monday, January 18, 2010

Showers Of Blessing -- Bay State Division

"At the breath of God's mouth the waters flow. Spring seems far off, impossible, but it is coming."
-- K. Norris



I'm quoting above from memory, so who knows what she really said, but in her book Dakota: A Spiritual Geography, Kathleen Norris gives us several many vignettes which she calls weather reports. That's from one of them.

Today I'm looking at the California rain in my back yard, checking out the winter blooms there by my fence, wanting to thumb through Norris's book to read again her weather reports, but I keep Dakota on my desk at work, not here at home, and all the while the undercurrent of my day is not so much the Reverend Doctor King, or this quiet day set aside in memory of his courage, nah, the focus of my day it is more a low-level but full-time consideration of the the choice that the people of Masachussets -- gosh that's hard to spell -- will make tomorrow.



God bless America.
God Bless Scott Brown and his family.
God bless the people of Massachusetts.
May Spring come tomorrow.

No comments: