Friday, January 22, 2010

Famous Plagiarists Dot Com

So this morning the young scholar-athlete is standing next to me signing a form and I ask
“Are you forging your dad’s signature there?”
Without missing a beat he says
“No. I need a different pen for that.”
Grabbing another pen, he goes on about his work -- then he holds up the form and says
“What do you think? Quality?”
And sure enough there is his signature followed by his dad’s.
Top of the form: Academic Integrity and English.

Good thing I nevah evah cheated in my entire life so I can be really righteously appalled by his ethic. And while that's a little off, that forgery thing, it's not quite cheating-cheating. And this week of all weeks I'm thinking, if Rev. Dr. King can skirt the truth, so can we all.

Too bad we all cannot be as courageous as was Rev. King.
Academic Integrity schmacademic integrity.

Final three (3) words: Joe Biden.

No comments: