Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cagney and Lacey


I'm not a big fan of Burn Notice, but yeah, I like it, and if I had more TV time I'd watch it more often. It meets my single criterion for a possible viewing: good selection of guns.
Caught the latest episode Saturday morning at about 3 a.m.
Always like the Miami setting, and Michael Westin's clothes -- but he does need to switch up those sun glasses this year.
Sharon Gless as his mom is good fun.
Funny how unwatchable she was as an annoying pflag -- but I repeat myself -- mom in Queer As Folk but what she's doing here is working. Plus she smokes cigarettes. Alot.
The only reason I mention any of this is that in the latest episode, "A Dark Road," Tyne Daly also shows up.
That's Gless and Daly.
Cagney and Lacey.

Emmy to the casting crew of this show this week for putting those two back together. What a sweet treat to see these dames playing off of each other again.
That's some TV magic.
Spin off time.
Note to USA Network: Give Gless and Daly a new show, their own show. Guns unnecessary.

2 comments:

Soloman said...

I love Burn Notice - good episodic storylines with some interesting character building, and Gabrielle Anwar (Fiona) is my kind of gal..

If you like a show that has a good array of firearms, catch Sons Of Anarchy when it starts its new season, if you've not already. Airs on FX, usually Tuesday nights. I'm not sure when a new season will start - last one ended in December, I believe.

contento said...

You bet. The TiVo is set for action in Charming.