Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tremblers In The North Korea of North America

ARKANSAS earthquakes could be warning
By JON GAMBRELL – 1 day ago
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — A series of small earthquakes that rattled central Arkansas in recent weeks could be a sign of something much bigger to come.

No word on iminent danger to the Clinton Presidential "Library" or its current exhibit on The Art Of The Chopper:









PS. I've lived in LaLaLand for 13+ years this time and have felt, known, experienced my share of the earth shakiness out here. But, the biggest earthquake I ever felt was in Champaign, Ill, sometime in '87 or '88 or '89 -- dunno, I'd have to look it up. That quaker wakened me from an afternoon nap -- not an easy thing to do, that, awaken me after a full shift of real work. That New Madrid Seismic Zone is not one to shrug off, to ignore, to minimize, to pooh pooh like we know, know better, know truer quaking reality out here on the San Andreas Fault than they're going to know there again on the New Madrid; cos yeah, we know enough, but we don't know more .... except perhaps how to prepare and how to build for the quakers.

No comments: