Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nuptials

Look, I don't want to get married.
Neither to a woman nor to a man.
And I'm pleased for Ellen and Portia, truly. Their happiness is a good thing.
And full disclosure requires me to acknowledge that I voted FOR Proposition 8 [See previous post.] in California last week and I'm not Black Church nor Mormon nor Christian Evangelical. I'm high church Anglican -- cos I like the incense. And if you knew my parish you'd be surprised at my vote for Prop 8. And if I participate in the Rite of Reconcilliation this year, and admit my vote to my confessor, I doubt I'll be granted absolution. Not without dramatic display of pangs of contrition. Probably be shunned in my Parish if word gets out. It's not that I don't think Gay Divorce is coming. Whether I care or not. It is coming. That cat's outta the bag. I'm merely asserting patience as a tactic.
But all of that aside is it not rather bizarre that Mayoress Rasmussen can legally get hitched to guy in California while so many others propositionally cannot?
What the heck?
Hat Tip to blunter-than-me The Other McCain....
Why not these boys?








Why Can't We Marry Each Other?

No comments: