Thursday, March 18, 2010

Corn, Rye, Wheat, Barley & Kindle

I was sitting with three Kindles this morning, two new ones and my beat up busted old one, trouble shooting for La Jeffe, trying to find out what was wrong with her new ones when a kid came up to talk to me about Kindle.
I've seen him around for four years but we never spoke before, not really, unless he was his twin brother, to whom I may have spoken a time or two.
Anyway, he said his cousin and his uncle have Kindles and they like them; do I like mine?
Well, yeah. Had it for a year and I'm reading again like I hadn't for a few years and like I'm known to do by any who've known me long.

Can you share your Kindle books?
Well, yeah. With up to five other people. Then we can all share the books we buy, just download them to our own devices. But we all have to be on the same account using the same credit card.
How's that work?

Well, my friend JMax is on my Kindle account, so when she buys a book she has to log-in to my Amazon account to order what she wants, have it sent to her Kindle and it all gets charged to my Visa.
That sounds tricky.
Nah. I don't mind paying for her books.
You sure?
Well, yeah. I buy her books and she buys my liquor.
The kid laughed.
And I drink more than she reads.
The kid laughed again.

And hey, she buys top shelf.
If I'm shopping, I don't buy top shelf. Maybe second from top. But at that point, one may as well go bottom shelf.

The kid thinks I'm working this Kindle thing about right.
Me thinks so too.


____________________________________________________________________________
And yeah, again. There was a bottle of Hudson in my Christmas stocking. Year: 09, Batch 6, Bottle 497.
Thanks, JMax.
Haven't opened it yet, but you gotta like that hand crafted stuff.
Hudson.
Amazon.

No comments: