Saturday, March 20, 2010

Persian New Year



Happy New Year, friends.
A good day for some Rumi:

I died from minerality and became vegetable;
And From vegetativeness I died and became animal.
I died from animality and became man.
Then why fear disappearance through death?
Next time I shall die, Bringing forth wings and feathers like angels;
After that, soaring higher than angels -
What you cannot imagine, I shall be that.
--Rumi

 
A good day for some Saadi:


Of one Essence is the human race,
thus has Creation put the Base;
One Limb impacted is sufficient,
For all Others to feel the Mace.
-- Saadi
Saadi for my faithful readers who know the languages of the region:
بنی آدم اعضای یکدیگرند،
که در آفرینش زیک گوهرند.
چو عضوی به درد آورد روزگار،
دگر عضوها را نماند قرار
_________________________
Google Does Persian New Year's:


No comments: