Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Roadside Outburst

Well, glad that my little emotional outburst is over. Traveling can stir up the emotions, ain't it.

Did see M--ya before I left the Metroplex. She'd been over to Tyler. Yeah, over to where I used to visit the east Texas relations plus. Not too far from Gladewater. She came over to K's house before she caught her plane home. Was great to see her. Hard to believe we met 26 years ago this summer, on the isthmus, when K and I waited tables at JoJo's and she worked McDonald's. She looked at all my roadtrip pix, praised some of them, and then showed me her own computer collection of pix. Her collection included more of her with her chin resting onstage at the front row of Bruce Springsteen concerts. Great shots. She works hard getting those lottery-bracelets that get you into the close up section of his shows. She still goes to many of his performances. Including the Vote For Change concerts in 2004. "We voted and there was no change" she noted, not unbitterly. Oh well. Can't win 'em all. The trick is to not get bitter. "Glad you never donned the bitter hat" K--- once told me. Me glad too. Hope I see that billboard outsidda Midland, TX later, the one that says "Hometown of George and Laura Bush." I'll snap a shot and send it off to Miss M. Hope that don't stir up a nasty episode of BDS. Some of my favorite friends suffer from BDS
-- Bush Derangement Syndrome. Sad but true. Laura's my favorite librarian and a beautiful first lady, even if it's true she smokes. But not nearly as much B. Hussein Obama.

No comments: