Monday, July 16, 2007

Cut The Wire

Working in K--- D---'s garage, we (he) cut the AT'n'T wire on Sunday morning. Took acoupla days and some backtracking to figure out where the heck the internet went. Even on the road skipping church on Sunday comes with a price -- but no internet is a pretty steep price, more than a tithing. Some splicin' and dicin' and electric tape wrappin' out in the garage tonight and we're back online with no help from AT'n'T eye tee. The garage was pristine to begin with, to be sure. With plenty of room to get the Eskapay in out of the daily heat. Sun or no sun it's steamy here. Garage is even more pristine now. Made me think of home -- and our clean and sober garage back on Cantura Street. Uh huh. And so is the Eskapay now likewise pristine. Gave it a wash in Midland last week, and another wash in Bedford yesterday. I may have washed the Eskapay more often in the few months that it's been paid off than I did the last coupla years the bank still owned it. I'll do better in the future. I mean it. The Bedford carwash was backed up for a block -- three lanes -- I waited patiently. After all the weeks of rain here in Texas everyone wanted a washin'. And the workers needed the work -- and the tips. Heck, K---'s yard is holding so much water it's squishy to walk on, there's been that much rain here this month.
Then spent the morning today going all ArmorAll on the Eskapay. Inside and out. In preparation for hitting the road again and commencin' to head west. I'm not much of a sweater, for the most part, but I was so soaked-and-leaking-more after an hour and a half in the driveway at high noon that I skipped the gym today. Work in the driveway was better than the sauna or the steam room at Bally's -- with the bonus of no naked guys here on Emerald street.
Meanwhile M--ya's in town from Chicago. Miss M has acoupla clients here. May do lunch with her tomorrow. There's a new Chili's right over there, convenient to us both. Never been to a Chili's, but this one comes highly recommended. And I want my babyback anyway. Already got my sexyback. But meanwhile meanwhile, if you look at the pictures -- same view as if you were in the pool there with me -- you'll see I'm doing flotilla in K---'s pool under the Texan sun. Sure the eye is naturally, compellingly drawn to my feet, handsome, masculine, floating there over the h20, or perhaps drawn to the lush greenery of K---'s yard, but don't neglect to look up at that Texas sky. We don't get sky like this on the California coast. I like summer, don't you?

No comments: