Saturday, July 14, 2007

It's not the humidity, it's the humidity.

I'm sleepy alot. I don't pop up at 4 a.m. here all awake like I do at home there. I think this Texas humidity is knocking me out. I'm in Bedford, TX. Been here for a few days. Having the good time with K--- D---. His house is great. His pool is great. The Bally's is great -- with a great outdoor pool -- tho the food intake with K--- D--- seems to offset mightily the meager Bally exercise output ..... At least he and I no longer order three entries between us at each meal the way we used to when we were slender young men. Still start with double appetizers tho. Came outta the Bally's yesterday and I said "I smell food." K--- said "We're surrounded by grease." But we skipped that grease and went into Dallas and ate at Snookies. Another time when going out to eat he said "Dallas is a cornucopia of corporate eateries." And, "A lot of our food is to be found in strip malls." Not a problem. We're in America, afterall. Did join friends and go to Macaroni Grill the other night and had a great time and a good meal with a special people-watching bonus. P---y was facinated with the tiny chef and K--- said the diminutive cooker was half a chromasone short of being an lp (little person). I still haven't sent pics of where I was camping in Cave Creek, AZ. (Get on the Google Earth.) Or pics of the doe outside of my tent. Or the horses that came running toward me as I hiked up the mountail. I'll post those as soon as I wake up. Been gone long enough now so that I really miss Cantura Street. That's part of the reason for traveling, ain't it? To miss home? Soon as the missing gets too painful, I'll be cruise-controlling back. But, Texas is big and I might have to stop by Lady Bird's, to say nothing of Alpine and the Rio Grande again and the Big Bend. And there're more chile rellenos to be had in New Mexico along the way.

No comments: