Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Art, or: Openings I Missed



Wasn't it Mrs. Jimmy Carter who said, of Reagan, "I think he makes us comfortable with our prejudices." Tru dat in the art world, ain't it? They all comfy in their lofty bias thanks to Mr. Reagan.
Above as appearing in the current Art Forum that's Peter Saul's 1984 piece called Ronald Reagan (Abortion) -- in case you were wondering. And David Lachappelle's butcho stuff is for sale now, in NYC. Nice two-toned pecker on Ivan Witenstein's Time Bomb Shell (2007), don't you agree? Could that be a half-Kenyan dick? Dunno. Does it matter? Dunno.
Okay, I'm done with art for today.
'Cept to say I prefer the intimate elegance of the JFaye yard art hanging out back at my place. It's a west coast thing, having art that doesn't evoke any Cheney. Gonna go home and put some lipstick on that pitbull pronto. C'mere boy.



No comments: