Thursday, August 13, 2009

seloha

Chesed
I'm having breakfast -- the first since Gallup 9 days ago -- that was one unfortunate fast breaking experience -- please don't ask. So anyway I'm hungry. Mark, the young waitron, is distantly attentive; and I'm eating it all and I'm enjoying it all. My focus is food. Food that hasn't come out of my cooler, food that someone else cooked. Hey, didn't even pick up the free newspaper that comes with booth rental. Hell, I'm momentarily self sufficient.

And then this OLD couple -- like 60 years really OLD -- comes in and sits behind me and immediately they turn on cartoons on the tv in their dining booth.
Loud.
Lord.
Every booth with a screen connecting to narrowcast shite seems to be a selling point for this joint.

This time'o'day, admittedly, real cartoons are better than cartoonish Matt Lauer -- or his idiot's ilk, so counting my blessings is what up to I should be.

That, and not telling the coupled couple: TV beats looking at each other, donit? Why point out the obvious to the oblivous?

Still: If I wanted television I'd -- oh nevermind.

What makes me certain I have long-outlived my allotted span of understanding and lovingkindness? Well, I would shoot them both -- and the flatscreen -- were I armed. Then we'd all approach happiness.

Next up: That other jibberjabbering ahole with the cell phone going on over there.

NTTAWWT


______________________________________________________________
Yes that's my shoulder in the bright adidas cyan. What, you think I only do drab, that I can't color it up?
______________________________________________________________
PS KCD, responding to this, notes: You can conceal and carry in ALL states but IL and WI - coincidence?

Coincidence indeed.
Now, I'm not sure of the accuracy of the conceal'n'carry laws, but KCD's point is that I (ME) (moi) grew up in Wisconsin and Illinois, hence each state's hesitation to licence such as Contento...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see the empty booth between or these diners may have received the LaBianca breakfast special - death by fork.

On a related matter, Squeaky is free.

contento said...

Dig it, man.