Friday, August 14, 2009

Earlier Today

Okay so I'm back in Californy, on the 15 heading west-southerly, north of Barstow at a rest area, shirtless in the windy desert deserty wind -- sun so bright I cannot see what I type -- sun so bright and heat so hot that my genetically youthful face wrinkles uncharacteristicaly -- it's that 110 degree baking dry heat that I seek out and love.

Rest Area Aside: I know there's a subculture of men who have sex in public bathrooms, and a subsub culture of those who specialize in rest area bathrooms. The bathrooms at this rest area, like most rest area bathrooms, stink. The excretory odors of bodily waste. Stranger stank. How is that a draw for sex? I never get it.

Anyway, here at this multicultural southern California rest area in the August heat numerous Asians are smoking; boy and girl Asians all lit up and puffing in the 110 degree shaded area.

When I get to Barstow I will take a right over to Mohave and then a left down toward LA and the Valley, stopping in Rosamond for a grilled cheese in loving memory of  Mrs. Contento. She loved getting her grilled cheeses there at the Foster Freeze. One for me, two for her. Just the buttery smell of the toasted cheesy goodness would temp her to wolfsnap at me as she waited to dine with me in the Escapay. Though rolling solo now, I still punctuate most of my trips with this gustatory ritual.

Speaking of fragrances, I've washed up, of course, on this trip, soaping and scrubbing appropriately -- I know how to keep it all clean while camping -- but no deodorant in weeks. My own fresh desert scent just now reaches my nostrils, teaching me what pheromones are all about. Fragrant like dat, no wonder I'm an object of attraction. Would I do me? Asked'n'answered.

Satelite oddities: GPS is showing the Bun Boy Motel merely 27.6 miles ahead. I knew of the Bun Boy Restaurant, but never noticed the motel feature. Wonder where they got that name? What's a Barstow bun boy? I'll have to look that up.

I'm back in the Escapay now. Let's see if I can post this sad homeward-bound message from the hot trip road.

No comments: