Sunday, February 22, 2009

Musical Interlude

Sure, you can watch the video, but visuals aren't necessary, this interlude is musical, not videal.

____________________________________________________________
Aside:
Yeah, I'll watch any film with Grégoire Colin, even if uncredited Grégoire Colin, or small-part Grégoire Colin. In fact I've seen all of his films available on DVD (or VHS). Most more than once. Been watching him, looking for him, for years now.What did late-comer Cintra Wilson say in Salon acoupla years back?
With any luck, Colin will appear in some English-speaking role eventually, but I somewhat doubt it -- an actor of Colin's intelligence knows better than to muck around in the cultural tar pit of Hollywood. In France, Colin retains his eclectic choices and his integrity, and probably sees no reason to trade that in for the falling currency of Hollywood celebrity.
Yeah that's worth reading tonight, while the rest of you are at your Oscar get togethers. Read the whole thing here, now. Anyway, I mention Gregoire Colin because tonight I'm watching In The Arms of My Enemy, and yeah, Colin's in it. Sweet. But besides Colin, this film has this great sound track. Made me stop right in the middle of watching to find out who does this music. Perfect for a Colin film. Johann Johannsson. Icelandic, I think. Nice.
___________________________________________________________________
Don't forget those of us who promised to chop off a testicle during the Oscars for each time a Member of the Academy thanks our troops for their work in a just war. Give me a call when it's time to slice, willya? Phone's set on vibrate for you. Hope to feel ya.
___________________________________________________________________

No comments: