Monday, February 2, 2009

Hope Is Contagious And I Feel It Coming On

From this week's email interchange. California/Texas, Contento/KCD:
Bro,

How's your weekend going? Ready for Sunday?
Ready for Springsteen fighting the Man? Heh.
More importantly, are you ready for Monday?
And the next seven months sans futbal?

Always thinking about you and your needs.
Never a care for myself.

xoxo

-- Me
_______________________________
Hey,

You sound drunk and frisky; come see me.

Yes, I do descend in to a blue funk this time o’ year.
The bell-jar has me in its sights.

How was your Evening With La LaBelle?

Looks like I may be under contract, selling the house.
I’m thinking southwestern Florida. You in? How about
a road-trip this summer on your break to poke around?
Home prices are good down that way and there’s lots of
foreclosures awaiting Obama-dollars.
I too await my check.
Did I tell you my back has been bothering me?
(Read: disability check.) I’m going to get terminated,
see how much free shit I can get and write
a book about it called Parasite!
Will you edit?

I love you, too.
Damn straight I'll edit. And index. Might add a chapter or two while we're at it.
Scam or be scammed. That's my ethic. Heh.
What did KCD say when I sent that pic of me at Turtle Bay in my hammock? Oh yeah:
"Classic; you in a hammock while freeloading."
KCD know me too very well. And yeah, despite my low-brow beginnings, I have attained classic-hood. You betcha.
_____________________________
PS1 Because I stole a word: TOMCC
PS2 Picture Credit: JMAX of The North Shore
PS3 Not to change the subject but the opening of Death Wish takes place not far from where that hammock swings. Mr. and Mrs. Paul Kersey at Turtle Bay. I'm just saying.
____________________________

No comments: